Saturday, May 31, 2008

Hitchcock's Regret (Central Coasties)







Who has Musical talent? Some people have lots of it…and some don’t!
I belong in the category that "do not".
My mother on the other hand was a very talented muse and could play a number of instruments. She played Piano, Organ, Accordion, Mouth Organ and her favourite instrument was the Flamenco Guitar. With a Mouth Organ attached to her Guitar you could watch and listen to her perform in lots of places first in the Netherlands and later after migrating to Sydney Australia in Parks, Pubs or on the beaches. She always had plenty of admirers that would stay and listen to her music. On some occasions my mother and her younger brother would enter local talent quests, 'usually held in Pubs around the Sydney areas mainly at Parramatta". They both had wonderful voices and my uncle would play the harmonica as well. Consequently they won some contest on occasions. The main reason I mention this is because they say that sometimes talent skips a generation it certainly didn't bypass my offspring. All three of my sons can play a number of instruments and write some of their own music.
Two of my sons were part a local band called Hitchcock’s Regret a Central Coast Band that produced 3 albums during their stay. My son David, played the Bass Guitar and Shane played Drums and guitar on most of the tracks. They have also written and Co-written some of the lyrics and music for the albums but most were written by Mark Moldre the lead Guitarist and Singer. The albums were recorded and produced (in raw form) in my son’s (Shane) Studio, who is also a Qualified Sound Engineer. On the Youtube Video Clip My oldest Granddaughter sings backup on the Happiness track. The Video clip and track ran for some time on ABC Rage and on some radio stations.
Matt,the youngest of my sons plays Guitar every day, as he is a Guitar Teacher.
He also played Lead Guitar at his local Church on Sundays. A few years ago He played lead guitar in a band called "Stuff" and they won the battle of the bands one year. He was also voted as best and most promising Guitar Player. He and a few from the original band regrouped and started its revival and changed the name of the band to The Vox Angelicus. Here is a recent clip of Matt.
To be continued.

No comments: